Friday 21 October 2016

Meet Up: Catch up with the girlfriends!


Hello ladies,

I hope you are all doing great and are also taking time to enjoy some quality time with your girlfriends.

Last week I travelled by coach to Birmingham to meet one of my closest friends Nisha. Before that I met with Angelika, another one of my closest friends who also came to Birmingham. The following day we embarked on our girlie week trip of a lifetime to New York!


We always promised each other that when our birthdays were five year apart, we would travel together as it might be the last time. (We travelled to Poland together a few years ago, it was awesome!). Now, the kids are growing up, the girls might get married, make babies, who knows so yes that was probably the last big trip for the three of us.

Having good and positive friends is extremely important. I tend to get overwhelmed quickly and I cannot afford negative or overly excited people.

When you are a single mum sometimes people, especially if they are not single parents, might not understand what you are going through.

In some cases, there are people who can give you the exact support you need and might not be a single mum themselves. I know a lady who runs a single mums group and church in her community and she is married.  There was a time when her husband used to work all hours and was rarely at home, during that time she felt as a single mum herself.  So she has some insights into the life we live.

It is well known that to be successful, whatever that means for you, it is important to remain as positive as possible.

As a single mum, my life can be up and down at times and I find it nice to have a chat with a good friend who would not judge me all the time but instead keep me  positive and encourage me to go on!

So, ladies, who are you letting into you life? Who are the people surrounding you on a day to day basis? Are they always complaining and being negative? Do they just bring you down all the time? Are they taking up all your energy and you feel drained after a telephone conversation or even constantly upset?

Ladies, keep positive and choose well who you are spending time with!




No comments:

Post a Comment