Sunday 17 April 2016

Travel: Moving, Moving, Moving

Bonjour everyone,

Some of you may have wondered where I have been? Well, I have been moving house! Can I say that I found out that it is not always a good idea to try and multi-task?  As women, people seem to believe that we can do lots of things at the same time.  I tried in this case, but I eventually got overwhelmed.

Overwhelmed by the boxes, the tidying up, moving things around, etc.  I just had to stop and do one thing at a time, I just had to let go of doing the Easter bonnet in the end.

Because of having been a people pleaser all my life, I felt really guilty, but the thing is, while I was trying to please everyone else, nothing was being done correctly. I had to prioritise this time.

Being a single mum can mean trying to be the mum, the dad, the painter, the plumber, etc... In this case, I became my own moving company for a few days!  When I moved, I did not necessarily have the funds for a moving truck, so, everything ended up in my tiny little car, with many, many trips between houses.

What I am trying to say here, is that, nobody is perfect, I am not perfect.  There will be times where I will have to stop and step back a bit, and that goes for everything.

When I step back, I spend the most time in God's presence. When I do this, I feel that God points me in the right direction, because he sees that I have veered off course.

He focuses me on my purpose and vision and gives me the energy to continue.

So, if you have promised things to friends, family, or other people, I believe it is important to see what is going on around you, are doing too much? Do you need to prioritise again? Will you be able to fulfill all the promises you have made? Are those promises in line with what God wants you to do? Or are you just trying to please someone out there?


I leave you with all these reflective questions because right now, I have got kids pictures to hang on the wall.


Thank God the kids helped me fix the shelves in their room!! (I even have my own toolbox !!!)





Au Revoir!









No comments:

Post a Comment