Monday 25 April 2016

Reflection: Reflection Time

Bonjour everyone,

When God is preparing you towards becoming who He wants you to become, it can be very challenging.

If you feel your purpose is something completely different to what you are doing right now, you will need to change some things and you will need to learn new things too.

If your purpose is similar to what you are doing right now, you will still need to learn more to become better.  To become the person you want to become and grow into your purpose, it is important to create the right strong foundation.

If you felt your purpose was to become a Doctor, you could not just pick up a stethoscope and start assessing patients, but instead you would have to go to university, study, read books,etc...

With a strong foundation, I can create a strong knowledge about the role I am meant to fulfill and become an expert at it!

There are many many books available out there, and there are many recommendations to read books regularly.  However, I have discovered that sometimes I give more time to reading a book than to actually reading my Bible and trying to understand what I am supposed to do.

I am convinced that my purpose is to become a successful leader and to reach out to other single mothers, it became  important that I built a strong foundation first in the word of God.

This is why, spending time with the Lord is so important and must come first.

In one of her YouTube videos, Heather Lindsey,  explains that the more time you spend building a relationship with the Lord, the more you will be able to hear Him and recognise Him when he speaks to you.

I am convinced of my purpose, I know deep in my heart that I need to learn to spend time with Him, in order to know Him better and recognise His voice for when He guides me now and in the future.

Do you sometimes, like me, feel overwhelmed with all the information that is out there? Do you try to read a book on success at the detriment of reading The Word of God? Do you prepare your heart to recognise when God will be the one speaking to you in the times you will need His counsel?

Knowledge is extremely important and reading books or keeping yourself informed are keys to success.  However, if you do not spend time with the Lord, you will keep coming off the track of your purpose because you might find it hard to hear Him, His guidance and His adjustments of your future plans.

Enjoy your reflection!

Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment