Monday 11 July 2016

Meet Up: Retreat Time!

Bonjour everyone,

It is that time of the year again when I get to go on a retreat with Super Working Mums, a group of Christian ladies who meet three times a year over a weekend for fellowship, prayer, worship, spa time and most of all ...ME time!

Being a single mum, does not mean that you do not need a break from time to time!  Actually, most single mums would benefit from attending a retreat or two throughout the year!

The only difficult part, I guess is the childcare.  I am lucky enough to have people who can look after my children on those occasions when I attend a retreat.
However, even spending the day away could be enough if spending the night is not an option.

I really believe spending time with other ladies, can help us share some of the burdens that we might not be able to share with anyone else.  After all, us single mums, do not always like to " bother" other people.

Well, the funny thing is that most of the ladies in the group are married, which to be honest bothered me at first.  However as time went by, God showed me that, as a single lady, being surrounded by married women allowed me to learn important things from them, in the " marriage" department!

These will definitely come in handy in the future! So yes, here again, I took a leap of faith by joining a group that was very different to my own situation!

Well, I had a good time, we had an award party and we danced, which was really cool! I had forgotten how much fun it was to dance in a room full of women! Ha ha ha!!!

Ladies, if you cannot go away for the weekend, try just for the day. Spend time with the girls, or join a group that empowers women etc... Try to do something that will uplift you and help you keep going! Good Luck!

Au Revoir!


1 comment:

  1. Always a delight to have you at the retreats especially as a retreat committee member. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete