Wednesday 27 July 2016

Reflection: Learning To Do It Alone

Bonjour everyone,

I was having this conversation with someone who had been a single mum herself and is married now.

I was telling her how I find it hard sometimes to be on my own.  Having to take responsibility for my daily life and decisions without anyone else to share things with.

It was nice to hear her say that when she became a single mum, she found it hard too because there was no one to share the heavy load with.

That empty feeling on the inside is there, sometimes constantly. Sometimes it can turn to fear and there are some days when I just do not want to make any decisions at all, because I am tired.

But God is good, and He always picks me up; if I take a decision and I make a mistake, God will intervene or send someone to help.

Learning to be alone is a hard thing.  However, it is important not to find someone just because there is a void you might be trying to fill.  This might lead to another disaster.

Having someone by your side should be a bonus, not a necessity.

So, my dear single mums, if like me, you feel very lonely and tired of doing things alone at times, do not worry, God will send you the right person, male or female.

Learning to do things alone, however hard and painful, made me more confident, resilient, and took away some of my fears.

I am sure it can be the same for all of us...

Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment