Monday 29 February 2016

Meet Up: A Birthday Treat!

Bonjour everyone,

Yesterday I had a lovely evening spending time over dinner with my sister for her birthday!

Because of wanting to achieve success as a single mum, I tend to focus so much on that, that sometimes, I do not make the effort to spend time with my friends and family.

It had been a while since we had been out and her birthday was an opportunity to catch up as well!

In reality, I do not make the effort because I am just too focused on what I want!  And being focused is a good thing.

However, I said in a previous post, how it is important to look after those who support you in your daily walk.

I am not perfect, I do not do that as a priority, but if you remember, this year I have decided to make a habit of spending time with my family and friends, to show them how much I appreciate them!

The evening was followed by a trip to the cinema, the film was pretty fun to watch!  So, here we go, I was out yesterday, it was very very cold but I had fun time!

I encourage you to reconnect with the people around you, and try to spend some time with them, not just eating out but even maybe just visiting them!  Bring them a cake or something!

That makes me realise that I did not get a cake for her! Oops!  Which goes to show where my mind has been!

So, friends, even though you are trying to succeed at something, there are definitely some things that you should not drop, especially family and friends on those special occasions! Even a phone call is enough!

When was the last time you took your family member out? What about your children? Do you take them on dates? Do you bake a cake for a friend just to say thank you for their support?




No comments:

Post a Comment