Monday 15 February 2016

Reflection: Stay On Your Road

Bonjour everyone,

It is that time of the month again when I take time to reflect on what I am trying to do and how I can empower others and especially single mothers to become successful.

I can say that the last couple of weeks have been crazy; a lot of things were not working out and tried to distract me from my vision and my goals.

One thing that I realised is that, sometimes, many things will come at you, making you want to just give up and stop everything and just live what may look like a normal life.

For me, being a Christian means that I have a purpose and I am called to serve and just because I am a single mum does not mean that I am exempt from that.

It is just that when things hit you, the impact just seems to be even worse as a single mum.

As a single mum, I do not like to bother other people with my problems, so most of the time, I took the hit and stayed  stuck ; I am grateful though  for my family and friends around me who did not give up on me and who  helped me refocus on what I am trying to achieve.

What I am trying to say is that, even in those times when all you see is rain, there will be a moment of sunshine at the end of the road, because God loves us very much and he is our comforter and provider.

Whenever I feel like it is getting too much and the distractions pull me away from my purpose, I go back and spend even more time in His presence.

One of the principles of success is to make sure you stay on course; and yes, there will be many obstacles on the road, but take this example, where I live, there are many speed bumps, and it can be quite annoying when you are trying to get somewhere fast.

However, does it mean that I just stop my car in the middle of the road? No, I keep driving.

It is the same with life, keep driving, sometimes you might have to slow down, which is ok, but we need to keep going.

Are you sometimes overwhelmed by the lack of focus because of so many distractions and complications in your life? Do you stop in your tracks and run into bed as soon as there is a problem? (That is what used to do!)

I invite you to force yourself to move forward, the more you do it, the better it will get and the quicker God will take you to your promise land!

No comments:

Post a Comment