Tuesday 23 February 2016

Challenge: Nobody Is Doing It the Way I Want!

Bonjour everyone,

Here I am again writing about a weekly challenge in my life.  I have learned in the past week that challenges are part of life and it is important not to get overwhelmed by them but instead try to learn from them.

This week I did not particularly choose a challenge for myself to do, such as jumping from an airplane (no, I will not do that!) however the challenge came to me!!

One of the success principles is to learn to build and work with a team so that you can delegate and not only get things done yourself. This as a principle works at home, work, ministry, etc...

So, this week I have been trying to do some delegation while preparing for a seminar and for someone who wants people to get things done as soon as possible, it was a massive challenge!

As a single mum, I have got to do many things and for me the challenge is to delegate to my children because I normally want to do things my way and quicker.

But what I have realised is that God was challenging me through my Team, at home, at work, at church in order to prune me towards becoming a better leader and identify those areas that I needed to improve.

I realised that whatever I wanted my team to achieve, I needed to inform them clearly on what was expected from each of them and whatever issues arose from that challenge, it meant that there was room for improvement.

So, do you feel that you cannot delegate?  Delegation is in itself a great challenge. Do you think that you can do everything yourself because you want things to be done your way? Delegation can put your perfectionism to the test.

If you want to be successful as a single mum, start with your children and delegate to them, that is the challenge I invite you to try this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment